Tuesday, September 9, 2008

As promised

Here are some more pictures of what's been going on.
I'll start with the fish. I really didn't love having the fish tanks, but Frank and the kids enjoyed them, so I just went along with it. Well, for some reason since we moved into this house, we can't keep the algae from growing. We've started over with brand new tanks about 3 different times (and those things aren't cheap!!) yet it still keeps coming back. So Frank and I talked to the kids about putting the fish in the "really big fish tank." No, not the toilet. The pond. We talked about how we would go visit them and look for their babies and how they will have so many friends...on and on. But the children agreed, and I am downright blissful that we don't have a fish tank any more!!!! Here's a picture of the kids and Daddy taking the fish to their new home. Yippeeee! (Picture me jumping in the air and clicking my heels together!)

Next we've got Zoe's first day of school. I probably don't have to tell you how excited she was!! She absolutely LOVES first grade! Her teacher is fabulous, and she loves the prospect of having homework. That was 1 downfall of kindergarten for her...she wanted homework. She had her first spelling pre-test yesterday. When I asked her what kind of words she was tested on she told me, "Mom, I knew all those words in kindergarten." Sometimes I think she's just too big. So here you go......


2 comments:

dodi said...

Zoe looks so stinkin' cute! And just so "adult", if I may? She's just hiding in a childs body.

Love the straight hair! It adds to the effect of adultness... :)

Is that a Kat hand-me-down skirt?? too cute!

dodi said...

oh! And the fish release... I completely understand! It's another mouth to feed, another "thing" to clean, and more for mommy to stress about keeping alive. TOO MUCH!!!

No more chances of Emmy spilling all the food now either! tee-hee :)