Thursday, October 16, 2008

Loads of pics!

Get comfortable...you're going to be here a while!

Here is Zoe, wearing her bronze medal. How did she get this medal, you may ask? Allow me to tell you...it's quite the "proud mommy" moment for me!
In first grade the kids started a "100 Book Challenge" for which they are encouraged to read 100 books over the course of the school year. For each 60 books that they read, they are allowed to pick a prize. When they reach 100, they get a bronze medal. At 200 they get a silver medal, and at 300 they get a gold medal. This challenge only started a month ago, and Zoe has already received her bronze medal!!!! I am SO PROUD of her!!!! She's completely self-motivated, too. I think the medal was what got her! She's goin' for gold!!! :) That's my girl..........



Here we are at the park the other day, just enjoying the Indian Summer weather. The kids had a ball, as usual. And they slept REALLY well that night!


Here's Zoe, digging in the sand.


Love this girl.


Peek-a-boo!


Running the bases.



The other day FH and I spent some time making pumpkin muffins. Shame on me, I don't really cook with my kids that often. Maybe it's the potential for mess that gets me, though it shouldn't. Anyway, we had an absolute ball together!

Here we are.


Here is the fruit of our labor.



Last Friday the fire department came to FH's preschool to discuss Fire Prevention. If you know FH, you know how excited he was! He started asking me at 6:00pm the day before if it was time to go see the fire trucks! Among other things, he got to spray the hose and try on every piece of equipment they had! Well, almost everything. Afterward, while we were driving home, he told me that he was very upset because he didn't get to try the "glubs" on! I was trying so hard not to let him see me cracking up!! :) So here you go.

Listening to "Firefighter Kim" tell a story.


Sitting in the fire truck.


Spraying the hose.


Trying to get INTO the boots!


There they are!


No explanation necessary!


I think the oxygen tank is heavier than he is!!!


Firefighter Kim helped him get into the jacket.


Don't forget the mask!


He was one HAPPY boy!


Just a cute shot of my boys playing together.


We love this dog!


Zoe's class earned a reward through good behavior, and they chose to have a pajama party. It was the one time that they were allowed to bring stuffed animals to school, and don't you know, we forgot Zoe's. She was so sad, but her WONDERFUL teacher let her borrow her own bear. Zoe was so sad when she had to give it back, that Miss Higgins let her bring the bear home. She asked that I take a picture of her and "Beary" and I think it's just precious.


The full moon was SO amazing last night, I just had to take a picture. Unfortunately I don't know squat about photography. I've done a little bit of reading and tried playing with the different settings, but my pictures NEVER turn out the way they say they should. This one's not too bad. Hope you saw that moon!!!


I know this was a lot at one time, and I promise I'll try to be better about posting more often!
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

dodi said...

oooooh, I SO want that pumpkin tray!! How stinkin' cute is that?!?

Never fear... you can never post TOO much of anything on your blog because it makes me happy when I check and go "oh! Something new! yeah!"

Please keep them coming!!!

And, ahem... btw, you do have a TAG to complete!

Melissa said...

Yeah - let's not forget: I BEAT YOU!!!!!! Whew - that feels good to say.

The kids are adorable - you know that. But me, I'm quite smitten by Harry!!! :)