Friday, January 2, 2009

Sleepover!!!

Today the kids and I are of to Mel's house for a sleepover. We have been doing this 1-2 times a year for the last few years now. It usually happens when Frank is traveling in Europe or Asia or something like that, but since he's not traveling much at all anymore, we're doing it over the kids holiday break.


I think it's at least as much fun for the mommies as it is for the kids! We are VERY lucky in that ALL of the kids get along beautifully! There are rarely any battles, and when there are, they're usually between siblings. When you've got 6 kids cooped up together for 2 days, that's pretty good.


And of course Dodi, Mel and I love our time together. There's something about 30 year old friendships that can never be replaced. I have had, and will continue to have, people come and go in my life. But those 2 ladies are a constant. And no one will ever be able to take their place. Over the last few months I've become even more grateful for them than I already was. I've always known how lucky we are, but I'm EXTRA appreciative these days. Don't know why, I just am.
So ladies, get your knitting needles and your wine glasses out, 'cause here we come!! Can't wait to see you Best and Ends!!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a wonderful time!! How blessed were to have met 31 years ago. A friendship like ours is a special gift that very few people will ever experience. You are beautiful, my friend, simply beautiful.

Love you - Ends