Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!!

Today, for the first time since Zoe entered the public school system, school has been canceled due to weather. Last night we got a couple of inches of snow, but the icy wintry mix has been falling on top of it for a few hours now. I suppose it's not going to get any better, and that's why they closed the schools...which means that I have both kids home with me today. What fun we're going to have! I'm of the mindset that EVERY kid should have a few snow days! I have great memories of that moment...you know the one. When you realize that you get to stay home on a day you should be going to school? I wish you could have seen Zoe's face when that moment hit her...it was precious!
As soon as/IF it stops raining we'll go outside and sled and play in the snow. But for now the kids are "rockin' the party" (to quote Zoe) in Zoe's room with the Camp Rock CD. So I thought I'd take a minute to post some recent pics.
You'll have to forgive me. I haven't really figured out the formatting of the blog, and I'm not sure I ever will. So just ignore how boring my blog looks, and enjoy the pictures!



Skating with the kids.

More skating.

She didn't go down!

Some backyard fun!

Kids sledding, neighbors ice skating...all kinds of fun!

What good is snow if you can't catch it on your tongue?

The sled gives Harry something good to chase.

Harry loves the snow, too!

My angel baby.

More backyard fun.

I love this dog!!

I love these kids, too!!

Zoe

FH

Doing science experiments with Daddy...yes, this really happens ALL THE TIME in my house!!

Listening to Daddy.

I'm not sure what they were doing here.

I swear I didn't pose her...she was really looking at something through the magnifying glass.

Looking at what they could make.

Picking out the right stuff to use.

Observation begins.

He's gotta have his turn, too!

Zoe tells me all the time that she wants to be a scientist...I think she's on the right path!

2 comments:

dodi said...

wow!!! Your snow day yields a heck of a lot more fun than ours! Does that make me a bad mommy?? :)

Love all the photos -- thanks for sharing!

And, oh, btw, I do think Zoe will be a scientist. Or maybe, better yet, a Penn State cheerleader. ;)

The Andersons said...

Ok so not fair!!! It snows like 2 FEET here in Utah and they don't close/cancel anything!! You and Dodi are always doing such fun things with your kids, I need to get on the ball.