Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Zoe Van Gogh

My sweet angel baby truly sees herself as an artist, which tickles me right to my core. When she talks about who she is and what she wants to do in life, art is always a part of it. She can't help it, really. She's got artistic genes coming at her from all directions. And I think it's wonderful!
Recently her class studied Vincent Van Gogh. I'm not exactly sure what the original assignment was...it was a little bit difficult to get it out of her. But I really didn't care after I saw this:


It's her own rendition of Starry Night, my favorite Van Gogh. Now, I KNOW that I have never discussed this with her, and I'm not sure how many of his pictures she saw, or talked about, or what she was given to use as inspiration. But I also KNOW that this is my mom's favorite, my favorite, and apparently Zoe's favorite, too. You know what they say...like mother, like daughter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've got Zoe's Daisy troop "adopting" a PA based unit of 15 female soldiers...I happen to think that they're FABULOUS role models for these girls! I really want to impress upon the troop that they can do ANYTHING that they want to do, regardless of their gender. And one of the things I've heard from deployed soldiers is that it gets very, very cold in the desert at night. So I figured I should put my talents to good use, and make them some very simple, yet still home made, hats. This is one of the hats that will be going over. Hope it helps these ladies, I feel like it's the least I can do!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are all of the kids at Mel's house for the sleepover. Sweet Abbey's birthday had just passed, and she, in true Abbey fashion, wanted to share her birthday cupcakes with her friends. So here they are after singing her a love-filled "Happy Birthday." Thanks for sharing the cupcakes, Abbey!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Obviously FH enjoyed them!

I love the fact that my children can still eat a cupcake without wondering how much fat is in them, how many calories they each are, or what they'll have to do at the gym to make up for this little indulgence. The joy of a care-free childhood! Wish it could last forever!
Happy Tuesday to you...may you enjoy a guilt-free something today!

1 comment:

dodi said...

oh wow... she really will be a mini Toby, won't she?? We've been saying that for years, and now it's coming out in this way. Beautiful artwork -- that's a keeper! And one for a frame!

And oooooh -- LOVE the hat!!! Make sure to keep one for yourself. If you be any cuter?? I mean really...

Squeeze that little boy for me...chocolate face. :P