Friday, July 11, 2008



As promised, here are the pictures of the water slide. We ALL had a blast on that crazy thing! Even Dad and Elizabeth got in on the fun.


Needless to say, the kids completely wore themselves out and slept very well at night.


Take notice of the last picture. See how FH looks like he's flying? Well, he was. Instead of just sitting down and sliding like everyone else, he thought he'd spruce it up a little and LAUNCH himself down the water slide. Unfortunately for him, he threw himself exactly as you see, bounced off of his belly, and flew straight over the side!!! He landed on his back on the neighbor's driveway. (You know that lawns in Southern California are not large!) Thankfully, he escaped with only a lump on the back of his head, a couple of small scrapes on his back, and a healthy respect for the power of the bounce! I'm sure I don't have to tell you that he didn't launch himself at all after that. I was very grateful, because my step-sister (who happens to be a nurse) was there and was keeping an eye on him all afternoon. I'll tell you, that's the stuff that heart attacks are made of!










Despite FH's practice flight, we had so much fun and look forward to our next trip to Cali when Grandpa Bob and Grandma Elizabeth will pull this little gem out again!

1 comment:

dodi said...

EEEEKS!!! Before I even read, I just looked at the photos and knew the outcome was a doozey! But I gotta give 'em some real kudos for the attempt! I mean really.... wouldn't you have wanted to just LAUNCH too?? lol!!

That's just huge for a backyard... hope that was compressor lungs, not human lungs that blew that thing up! :)